Tags: analysis*

6 bookmark(s) - Sort by: Date ↓ / Title /

  1. Of course Homer ranks first: he’s the undisputed most iconic character, and he accounts for 21% of the show’s 1.3 million words spoken through season 26. Marge, Bart, and Lisa—in that order—combine for another 26%, giving the Simpson family a 47% share of the show’s dialogue.

    If we exclude the Simpson nuclear family and focus on the top 50 supporting characters, the results become a bit less predictable, if not exactly surprising.
    http://toddwschneider.com/posts/the-simpsons-by-the-data
  2. This is a simple command line tool to analyze request log files in various formats to produce a performance report. Its purpose is to find what actions are best candidates for optimization.

    Analyzes log files. Currently supports: Amazon S3, Apache, Delayed::Job, Merb, Mysql, PostgreSQL, Rack, Rails and more.

    Combines multiple files and decompresses compressed files, which comes in handy if you are using logrotate.

    Uses several metrics, including cumulative request time, mean request time, process blockers, database and rendering time, HTTP methods and statuses, Rails action cache statistics, etc.) (Sample output: github.com/wvanbergen/request-log-analyzer/wiki/sample-output)

    Runs on any MRI 1.9+ compatible Ruby, has a low memory footprint and is reasonably fast, so it is safe to run on a production server.
    https://github.com/wvanbergen/request-log-analyzer
    Tags: , , , , by dnorman (2014-12-03)
  3. did basic "genre" content analysis of a bunch of librarian blogs. interesting.
    http://firstmonday.org/htbin/cgiwrap/....php/fm/article/viewArticle/4343/3415
    Tags: , , by dnorman (2013-02-07)
  4. -
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~emayfiel/side.html
    Tags: , , , by dnorman (2012-06-05)
  5. -
    http://research.uow.edu.au/learningnetworks/seeing/snapp/index.html
  6. -
    http://morris.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/...order-the-fenton-photographs/#more-16
    Tags: , , , , by dnorman (2008-04-22)

Top of the page

First / Previous / Next / Last / Page 1 of 1 Linky linky...: tagged with "analysis"

About - Propulsed by SemanticScuttle